Saturday, February 27, 2016

Revelations


If I've said it once, I'll say it again, I like to be in control.  I like to have all of my ducks in a row.  I like it when my life follows the premeditated path in my mind.  I do not do well with change and deviations to my silly little path.  That being said, I am also a Christ-follower, yet I never actually give up all control to God.  I know I should, I'd really like to, but it's hard when you're a semi-narcissistic control freak.  Here I sit on this beautiful, sunny February morning pondering how once again, God knew better than I did.

We're often short on money, and when we are there is nothing easier than selling off a little livestock to make ends meet.  Late last year I got a wild hair to sell a couple of goats; Erudite my bred doe and Valentine my tiny buck.  I figured Erudite would sell fairly quickly, bucks take awhile because you only need so many.  In my mind, it would bring in some extra cash, and I could eventually add some new genetics to my herd.  Once again the good Lord had other plans.  EVERY person who expressed interest in Erudite backed out or stopped communicating with me.  Believe you, me I was getting frustrated (I don't handle that well either).  I pulled Erudite's ad and figured I'd sell her in milk after she kidded.  On Thursday, Erudite delivered a beautiful, healthy set of  twins.  She did awesome!  Not one tiny bit of help from me.  Needless to say, I'm keeping that girl!

Ever since little Clove and Nutmeg were born, I have been pondering God's hand in this situation.  Once again He had a bigger, better plan for me.  He knew better than I did, especially considering the other doe I think is bred may not be.  So here I sit this morning in awe of my Lord and Savior, reflecting on all of the verses sprinkled throughout the Bible telling me to put my trust in Him.  

Thank you, Jesus, for being in control.  I truly appreciate it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment