Wednesday, March 2, 2016

When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Take a Nap!!

As a homesteader, I can endure a lot!  On any given day I deal with bitter cold, feet of snow, mud, torrential rains, blistering heat, manure, birth, death, cuts, bruises, and icky goo.  The one thing that will bring me to my knees is being sick.  I have been blessed (note the sarcasm) with a nasty upper respiratory virus since Sunday.  I'm talking body aches, fever, chills, and a cough so painful I feel like someone is plunging a knife into my chest.  Farm chores are a massive challenge as I drag my body around the yard.  I fumble through chores and return to my germ infested home.  Everyone else in my house has what we now believe is Enterovirus D68.  Yuck! That means there's no rest for the farmer.  I muddle through and nap shortly after.  Warm weather is on its way, a chance to rid my house of germs so I can recover and get back to the Ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment