Sunday, June 23, 2013

Love My Goats!

  

A few years ago I had two Pygmy does.  They were horrid!  You could pet them, but they were hell bent on escaping.  After weeks of finding goats roaming the yard, the pair was re-homed to the home I got them from.  This little herd,  I am in love with.  I'm not sure if having bottle babies and milking one has helped, but they are wonderful.  Webby keeps the little ones in check.  The goats know exactly where there pen is, and if they feel threatened high tail it back to the safety of the fence.  I let them roam the yard, mowing the little bit of grass we have and enjoying slash and brush.  I love peaking out the windows and seeing my little herd happily munching away.  There's a sense of peace watching the group traverse the mountainside.

No comments:

Post a Comment