Monday, June 10, 2013

Whew!!

I'm always excited for the summer season: the warm weather, break from school, getting organized, being lazy.  Summer never seems to work that way.  I look at summer as a time to relax, but we're always busier now than during the school year.  Play dates with friends, sports, and activities for the kids take up the majority of time.  I look outside and see a multitude of tasks that need to be completed before winter.  My schedule is filled with Westernaire activities and prep for football.  I feel guilty sitting down with a good book, basking in the sun; while laundry needs to be done and the house needs a good scrubbing.  I know some of these things can wait, but I can't help thinking of summer as a time to take back control of the house and yard.  Maybe someday I'll learn to relax!   

No comments:

Post a Comment