Thursday, April 17, 2014

And the Day Begins...


Yes, that is my future buck and yes, that is the one side of the fence that needed minor work.  I give up!!  Our darling pony developed founder over the winter.  Founder or laminitis, is a potentially life threatening hoof condition.  Lil Bit snuck WAY too much grain from his senior counter parts and that caused the issue.  It's funny Frank and Flash don't mind if Lil Bit snitches grain, but if Bitty gets near their hay they chase him off.  We've been putting him in the buck pen with a little hay until the old boys finish their grain.  Last night my animal loving daughter neglected to remove her pony from the pen.  At around 8:30 pm, after a gentle reminder from her mother, she headed out to rescue him.  Our 5 house dogs were out at that point and caused a terrible hullabaloo, which in my mind frightened Lil Bit who was trapped in a small pen.  Lil Bit jumped the fence in that spot thus bending the heck out of it.  I am now off to figure out  how in the world I'm going to fix a 6 foot fence.  Anyone want to trade a shot gun for a pony?

No comments:

Post a Comment