Saturday, April 5, 2014

Silent Sunrise


It's a Saturday morning, and here I sit in the silence of the morning.  The house is quiet except for the hum of the bedroom fan and the occasional pitter patter of critter feet.  In a house with 4 cats and 5 dogs, someone is always on the move.  I love this time of day.  There's no one demanding my attention, the "To Do" list hasn't been seen.  I am able to steal a few precious minutes to center myself for the day, to find peace, to pray.

From the window beside my desk I can see the goats and Pearl emerge from their houses, the horses are slowly wandering the pasture looking for a pre-breakfast snack. Soon my day will begin, I'll be thrown into the craziness at full speed.  These are the moments I savor, that keep me sane throughout my day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment