Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sweeping Things Under the Bed

My favorite little dust bunny, Fifi Jo.

I watched my youngest daughter doing just that Sunday night.  I had asked my girls to clean their room, specifically under the bed.  I'm very afraid at what might be lurking under there!  They cleaned the floor, picked up books and movies, and passed their massive amount of dirty laundry on to me.  At 8:30 that night I stopped in to say good night.  I saw my youngest sweeping all of the clutter still on the floor, under the bed.  Too tired to argue, I sighed and walked out.

Now as I sit in the quiet and stillness of the morning, it's 5:20 AM, I think about how I do this with struggles in my own life.  I sweep the things I don't want to deal with under the bed in hopes they'll just magically disappear.  Not so!  At some point, I need to overcome my procrastination and fears so I can clean out what's hidden "under my bed."

I'm going through a heart shift right now, tired of the way I have been living my life.  There is a change bubbling up.  The path will not be easy, but in the end much needed and oh so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment