Saturday, November 14, 2015

Winter is Coming


I have to admit I love watching the local weather.  Unless it's sunny and dry, the weather folks never seem to get it quite right for the foothills.  I live on the east side of the mountain where we seem to get more snow than everyone else around.  Yesterday, I watched the weather on several occasions and the report for early next week had my head spinning.  A storm is coming in that can potentially bring 2-24 inches of snow.  WHAT?!?!  It's too soon to get exact snow amount and all of the computer models are showing wild swings in accumulation.  I have to plan for the worst and hope for the best.  IF the foothills get two feet of snow, I need to make special accommodations for my animals.  The chickens will need to stay in their coop for a day or two, the ducks will need a more covered area, the does and doelings put in together, extra heated water bowls added and the list goes on.  I start to panic a bit just thinking about it!!  I'm prepared for winter just not 2 feet of winter.  What am I doing still sitting here, I should be out prepping, "Winter is coming."

No comments:

Post a Comment