Saturday, February 3, 2018

The Comparison Monster



I'm reading the most amazing book right now, Why Her by Nicki Koziarz!  The book officially comes out on March 6.  So you all need to pick up then unless you want to take part in the amazing pre-order contest and freebies, check it out here!  http://nickikoziarz.com/why-her/  Why Her deals with comparison, which is definitely on my top 5 list of vices.  I compare my home, my career (or lack thereof), my husband, my kids, my parenting ability, my post-baby body...I could go on forever.  It's a major issue in my life!  I even listed it on the card I turned in at church on the first Sunday of the "Live Free" series.  As I read I got to thinking, comparison as a mother is a major issue in my life.  If I can be gut-wrenchingly honest, I have a hard time being happy for the accomplishments of other mamas and their kids.  It doesn't seem like I'm measuring up or my kids are measuring up.  I know, it's a crappy way to think!  Then as I sat in Bible Study one morning, this thought hit me...

Let's get one thing straight!  You are uniquely YOU!  God fearfully and wonderfully knit you together on purpose.  We all have a specific job in God's kingdom assigned just to us.  No one before or no one after will have this job.  God gave you your kids because you are the best AND only mom for the job.  Crazy right!!  I know God is All-powerful and All-knowing but there are days I've questioned His judgment on that one.  Can I get an Amen!!  Motherhood is one job I love more than anything and hate all at the same time.  I am blessed to the mom God chose for my kids, you are too.  I am doing the best job I can and instead of focusing on the comparison monster, I am going to focus on being the best mom I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment