Sunday, August 16, 2015

Back to School Blues


I swear the kids got out of school yesterday, yet here I sit on the eve of the first day of school wondering, where did our summer go?  I loved the lazy mornings, driving less, hikes, starting to get projects done both in and out of the house.  I was starting to feel "in control" of things, and now things are slowly starting to spin out of control again, at least in my mind.  

This will be an interesting year.  A year of firsts and lasts.  I have a senior this year and as excited as I am to see him grow and thrive, the "lasts" of this year are making me melancholy.  This will be an awesome year for all four of my kiddos.  I've watched them all grow as little people over the summer.  Though I won't miss the bickering and beating amongst them, I will miss the quiet times together, exploring and learning.

I need to get out of my head and embrace this new chapter in our lives.  I need to give up control and accomplish what I can on a daily basis.  The kids are ready to go back to school, even if there mama isn't.  Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment