Sunday, August 23, 2015

Hazy Skies



I went to bed with a stuffy nose and a mild sore throat.  I woke up to an even worse sore throat.  It felt like someone stuck a sword through my mouth.  Thank you, Game of Thrones for that incredible image that is now burned in my mind FOREVER.  Needless to say, I feel crappy!  I look out my window to the east and a smokey haze obscures my mountain view.  I look to the west where there are blue skies, not the usual clear cerulean, though.

My heart and prayers go out to the people out west affected by the massive amounts of wildfires.  I can't even imagine what they're going through.  Colorado has been plagued by its share of massive fires in past years.  This year we've been blessed with copious amounts if rain.  I'm a realist, though, I know that the spigot could be turned off at any moment and the land will dry up in an instant.  I will continue to pray for the firefighters and families out west, that these fires will soon be extinguished, and the rebuilding can begin.   

No comments:

Post a Comment