Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Clean Slate




The past few months have been fraught with challenges; things I can't control, things I should have controlled, things so old I'm surprised they are popping up now.  It's just par for the course it seems.  It's not just in my house either but in the lives of the people I love as well.  I've been drawn to my Bible more, to quiet time with the Lord.  He alone has been my strength.  More and more I see his work in the difficulties I face, little glimpses of the changes coming and the personal changes I need to make.  Verses from the Bible pop into my head out of nowhere, odd thoughts creep in, I know they are not from my own mind.  I was running errands yesterday and received yet another odd phone call.  All I could think was, "why now, I've got enough on my plate, I don't think I can handle more."  Then a simple phrase drifted into my mind, "clean slate."  Normally, my mind whirls into a panic, but I began to think maybe many of my past mistakes are coming to light so 2016 will produce a clean slate.  I see lots of good in the bad, glimmers of how life can be.  There are things at work that I can't see.  I know the next few months will not be easy as I begin to deal with things I've ignored and put off.  I'm going into 2016 with a new mindset, new goals, new plans.  The winding, rocky path I am on will soon be smooth and clear.  I need to make the heart and mind shift now, so my family's future will be bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment