Saturday, December 26, 2015

Things that make you go hmmmmm.....


I woke up at around 3 am to the sound of a barking dog.  I lay in bed for a bit listening to an odd thumping noise coming from downstairs.  After a bit, I head to the bathroom still hearing the thumping noise below.  At this point I was curious, figuring it was just the dogs rough housing in the family room, I decided to head down and investigate.  As I rounded the corner from  the stairs into the hallway, my eyes beheld a bewildering sight, there was a small pile of sheet rock on the floor and a gaping hole in my wall.  My darling dog Pearl had gnawed a roughly 8" by 14" hole in the hall wall.  After recovering from my disbelief, I neaded upstairs for the broom and dust pan.  I could at least clean up the mess on the floor.  Nate wandered downstairs and began laughing, you really had to in this situation.  Now that the dust has settled, literally, Nate had the brilliant idea that we put a cat door in the wall since it leads to the basement.  That way we can keep all of the litter boxes downstairs.  So our crazy, late night disaster has turned into a blessing in disguise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment