Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Welcome to the Dollhouse



Please do not take offense to the above music video.  I find that Melanie Martinez's song "Dollhouse" to be very poignant.  We may not be facing children on drugs, alcoholism, or adultery, but we are all hiding things behind closed doors.  I am tired of this way of life!  No, I do not want to air all of my dirty laundry for the world to see, but I also want to stop hiding behind the happy life facade.  I am a broken person.  I've made poor decisions, hurt those around me, done and said stupid things.  In making this realization, I have freed myself, I'm getting my mind right, I'm getting my life back in order.  I've hidden behind the picture perfect image for too long.  I'm opening the doors to the dollhouse, to be more authentic, to live in the here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment