Friday, December 8, 2017

Just Be Still




Today I sat still!  For those of you who know me, sitting still is torture.   I need to be doing,  ALL THE TIME!  The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity and my body is telling me it's time to rest and regroup.  So this morning, I decided to sit down for my quiet Bible, devotion time after the family left for work and school.  I poured myself some coffee with yummy almond nog, put on the Christmas tunes, and cozied up on the couch.  An hour later I had emptied my coffee cup but filled my soul cup.  I felt more rested, energized and ready to face my day.  This busy Holiday season, take that time for you; rest, regroup.  You aren't being selfish, your people will survive.  Fill your cup, so you can fill theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment