Monday, May 26, 2014

Enjoy the Silence

Scooter snoozing.

It's 8 am on Memorial Day, and the house is blissfully silent.  I'm going to enjoy these last few moment with a nice, hot cup of coffee.  I've already headed out once to let the chickens out of their coop and give the horses and goats their Chaffhaye.  They should all be happy for a few more minutes.  I want to bask in this time before the kids wake up, before the dogs need feeding, before I must get on my way.  

Today, I head over to my Goat Guru's house to pick up a Nigerian Dwarf doe in milk.  I'm sitting here pondering who else I should bring home.  Originally, I was doing to bring home a young recently bred doe and the doe in milk.  Yesterday, she proposed that I switch things up and bring home an additional doe in milk as well a beautiful buckling.  I'm not sure what to do; I've prayed, I've talked to hubby.  He made a good point; I'm not patient in my new endeavors, I jump in head first and end up biting off more than I can chew.  I spend way more money on the latest whim, stressing myself and my family in the process.   What to do, what to do?

As it stands right now I'd like to stick with the original plan.  Bringing home only one doe I have to milk would simplify things.  Spend some time getting used to milking again, and then decide to bring an additional milk doe home.  I do want the fresh goat milk for cheeses and to drink, but I also don't want to put my family through hell in the process.  I cause them enough problems with my need to farm.  For me it's a passion, it's a drive, somewhere deep inside this small voice keeps saying "you can do this, don't give up."  It is time to slow down a bit with all of this.  Consider my family's needs as well as my dreams.  Make good decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment