Monday, May 19, 2014

Mission Accomplished!

Houdini (aka VooDoo) at home in the pen.

After a week plus of worry, tears, and frustration my buck is home!! Deep down I knew this scrappy little bugger was alive and safe.  Houdini survived over a week in predator infested woods AND a nearly two foot snowfall.  He's intelligent, I can see it in his eyes as he observes me interacting with our other goats.  Right now I've got him in a pen with my Nigi does and wether.  I want to make him comfortable.

Friday night Houdini visited my neighbors.  Luckily, one of them is a good tracker and located Houdini's hide out.  I went back out Saturday, but he ran from me when I went to toss him a goldfish cracker.  Yesterday, I brought my doe, WebiGayle, and a big bucket of treats.  After nearly 2 hours of searching, we relocated Houdini in his bachelor pad.  I sent Webi up to meet him, what buck can resist a cute doe?  It took 45 minutes of careful walking to return him to the pen.  All the while I prayed and repeated this Harriet Tubman quote in my head, "Lord, I'm going to hold steady on to You and You've got to see me through."

Now, I need to decide what to do with poor Houdini.  All the while he was missing I couldn't wait to get him back to the Goat Guru.  After going through all the effort to bring him back, part of me wants to keep him.  Something draws me too him.  He looks at me with those piercing blue eyes, as if he's trying to communicate.  Houdini has something to say, there is so much potential there.  I put my family through hell during the time he was missing, I'm at a loss as to what to do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment