Thursday, May 15, 2014

No One Said This Would Be Easy!


The past week or so has had multiple challenges.  No one said homesteading would be easy or fun everyday.  Sometimes I think I try too hard only to have things blow up in my face.  There is truly nothing I love more than to spend my days outside with the dirt and the critters.   Unfortunately, my days are anything but that.  Kids, hubby, house, weather, other responsibilities take precedence most of the time.  

Other days, I'm too exhausted and overwhelmed to get things accomplished.  Today is one of those days!   The brooders in the basement are disgusting and way overdue for a clean out.  The outdoor coop is a mucky mess after days of wet weather.  Poor Pearl has an infection on her leg I'm trying to get under control.  I'd like to put her in the big goat house, but that is a major disaster after our return to winter.

I still have issues from last week that are haunting me.  My brand new goat buck escaped his pen and disappeared.  I am truly dreading calling my mentor and explaining to her I lost her goat.  I have the utmost respect for this woman, and now I get to admit I was irresponsible.  At least that's how I feel.  Oh, I tried to keep the darn goat in.  I spent an entire day rebuilding his pen to contain him, but no matter how hard I tried he found a way out.  Honestly, I think he could apparate out of the pen to stare me down at the kitchen window.  I guess some things aren't meant to be.  

 Something deep inside me doesn't want to give up!  I want to try to make my crazy dream a reality.  I want to keep plugging ahead no matter how stressful all of this is right now.  I know in the end it will be worth everything I put into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment